Commercial Marketing Services
Getting Paid for your Good Beefmaster Cattle
This program was developed to help cattlemen find and sell good Beefmaster and Beefmaster influenced cattle and to do whatever possible to positively influence the demand for them. It serves both BBU members and commercial cattlemen who use Beefmasters.
It builds on the proven performance of Beefmaster cattle, the success of BBU's breed improvement, educational and research programs, then takes it one step further: to hands-on marketing support. It helps you find the Beefmaster cattle you want and realize the most value for the good Beefmaster and Beefmaster-influenced cattle you want to sell. We work directly with buyers and sellers and through pertinent marketing and educational channels to help you realize the full value of your good Beefmaster cattle.
Here are some of the services we offer and activities in which we are involved:
- Assist BBU members and commercial breeders in merchandising their feeder cattle.
- This may include direct ranch trades to feeders and stockers; conducting commingled feeder calf sales for the benefit of smaller producers; providing larger producers the opportunity to participate in special Beefmaster sections on video sales; and offering an alternative pricing mechanism by which cattlemen can discover the true value of the cattle they produce. In short, we'll do whatever we can to add more value to your feeder calves.
- Encourage cattlemen to vaccinate and wean calves before they leave the ranch.
Provide information feedback from the feeder and packer as to the feedlot and carcass performance of your cattle.
Act as a liaison between calf producers, feeders and packers.
Promote the true value of Beefmasters to different segments of the industry.
Dispel myths associated with Beefmaster cattle with unbiased research.
- Assist cattle feeders in locating Beefmaster and Beefmaster-influenced cattle.
Give seedstock producers the opportunity to use the BBU Field Service Representative as a customer service tool for their bull buyers.
Encourage the purchase of E6 heifers to replace culled cow herds.
- Encourage commercial producers to add value to their herds by enrolling young cattle in the E6 Program with the goal of eventually having an entire herd of E6 females.
Encourage commercial producers to insist that the Beefmaster bulls they use be registered and transferred to them.